Drinking and Portable Water

Public water systems and large private community water systems are regulated by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. They can be reached at these three numbers:Drop of Water

If you have a complaint or question about water from these types of systems, please contact your water company first.

 Small private and individual water supplies come under the jurisdiction of the Lafayette County Health Department. For questions and complaints about private wells, cisterns, etc., please contact us by phone at 660-259-4371 x230 or email thomas.emerson@lpha.mo.gov. For additional information please visit the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services on private water.