Sewage System

Private sewage systems in unincorporated areas on 25 acres or less are regulated by Lafayette County Planning and Economic Development. Private sewage systems in towns without their own sewage codes, commercial or public buildings in unincorporated areas are regulated by the Lafayette County Health Department.Pipeline Public sewage systems and large lagoons are regulated by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. They can be reached by phone at one of three numbers:

Installation of new systems or major modification or repair will require permits and inspections. For complaints, questions, or permit applications, please contact the appropriate agency above. For information about on-site sewage systems and lists of licensed professional installers, evaluators, and soil evaluators please visit Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) regarding on-site sewage.

For more information please call 660-259-4371 x2006 or email