Prevent. Promote. Protect.
Cities in Missouri
The State of Missouri recently announced we are transitioning from a pandemic response to an endemic phase of COVID-19. This change to endemic does not mean the end of COVID-19; it means that the disease is here to stay, and, that we have the resources to manage the disease in our daily lives. These resources are meant to keep Missourians safe and healthy. Learn more.
We empower our communities to develop safe and healthy lifestyles.
We Provide Public Health Services You Can Depend On:
- Immunizations – including the COVID-19 vaccine
- STD testing and treatment
- Vital records – birth and death certificates
- Environmental health – food safety, drinking water, sewage, food handling classes, restaurant inspections
- Emergency preparedness
- School-based health services
- WIC Program
- Saving Smiles Dental Varnish & Sealant Program
- Daycare inspections
- Car seat inspections
- Maternal child health programs
Quick Access to Important Info
Questions? Contact Us
The Lafayette County Health Department is proud to serve area residents. If you need information that you don’t see on this site, feel free to contact us.
We Value Public Health
Vision & Mission Statement
The mission of the Lafayette County Public Health Department is to empower people to develop safe and healthy lifestyles. In pursuing our mission, we value:
- Cultural Diversity
- Dignity, Self-worth, Individual Rights
- Prevention and Early Intervention
As We Reopen
What You Need to Know
Food Truck & Fair Season
Lafayette County requires all food trucks and fair vendors to apply for a temporary food permit. Complete the permit application and return to Matt Milligan at LCHD with the designated fee. For questions, contact Matt at 660.259.4371, ext. 2024. Visit Food Establishments and download the permit flyer and application letter.